All workers should take precautions to limit the impact of the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The risk of contracting and transmitting coronavirus, as with any infectious disease, is elevated for senior citizens & healthcare workers. The Philadelphia Department of Health, Pennsylvania Department of Health and the CDC have current information on the virus, helpful steps to take, and specific advice for workers in healthcare settings.
- From the Occupational Health Centre at the Manitoba Federation of labor, job specific COVID precautions for security guards, janitors and cleaning staff, food processing workers, and grocery workers.
- From the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Know Your Rights for workers in Philadelphia in English and Spanish.
- From the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, information on safely returning to work after COVID testing in English and Spanish.
- From the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, information for employers on COVID testing, in English and Spanish.
- From the Philadelphia Mayor’s Office of Labor, 5 important labor laws for workers in Philadelphia, in English and Spanish.
- Coronavirus testing locations in the Tri-State area (PA, NJ, DE)
- Labor focused information from the National Employment Law Project
- Labor focused resources from the PA AFL-CIO
- Labor focused resources from the Philadelphia Council AFL-CIO
- NIOSH fact sheet on surgical masks and N95 respirators as PPE
- Responsible Purchasing Network fact sheet on EPA approved disinfectants
- Specific advice for healthcare workers
- General prevention tips
- General Prevention tips in Spanish ( información en Español)
Trusted sources for more information on the virus:
- PA Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
- Philadelphia Department of Health: https://www.phila.gov/services/mental-physical-health/environmental-health-hazards/covid-19/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus-response-toolkit
- Report price gouging to Attorney General Josh Shapiro: email@example.com
- LabourStart: https://www.labourstart.org/covid-19.php?langcode=en
- When Work is Safer Than Home: Supporting Workers Experiencing Domestic & Sexual Violence During the COVID-19 Pandemic: www.workplacesrespond.org/covid19/supportingworkers; Spanish: www.workplacesrespond.org/covid19/apoyoparalostrabajadores
- Immigrant workers resources (Spanish speaking): https://www.juntoscontracovid.org/
- Community Legal Services: https://clsphila.org
- Clarifi | Free financial planning and counseling services https://clarifi.org
- Public Citizens for Children and Youth (PCCY) | Toolkit To Help Kids During The Coronavirus Shutdown https://www.pccy.org/covid/
- PhillyTenant.org – Resources for tenants in Philadelphia www.phillytenant.org