Topic: Reducing Infectious Disease including Covid-19 in the Workplace
Course Time: 2.5 Hours
This course was designed for learners to be introduced to various infectious diseases that may become occupational hazards. In this climate of Covid-19 and the more contagious variant strands, it is essential to receive the latest information and data available to the worker.
Instruction includes but is not limited to:
- OSHA Rights and Whistleblower Laws
- Various classifications of infectious diseases
- The hierarchy of control methods
- How to effectively disinfect surfaces for infectious diseases
- Emergency Temporary Standard – ETS
- The differences between the face mask and N95 respirators
- (SARS Cov-2) COVID–19 CDC Guidelines and Information on the Variant Strands
This instructor-led training session with multiple interactive activities will create a learning environment conducive for adult learners. There will be a kinesthetic activity on cleaning surfaces to give each learner an opportunity to prepare themselves for performing in a real-time work scenario. We also can conduct training virtually through the use of google classroom.
Students will receive a certificate of attendance and all handouts and informational materials used in the class.
Class is also available in Spanish.