Topic: Residential Safety and Health Training Course
Course time: 3.5 hours
This course is designed to give the learner an overview of Safety Health topics relating to the residential construction field. This class is informative to employers managing various worksites, small contractors, limited workforce employers, and anyone willing to gain more knowledge about safety and health on the job.
Course topics include but are not limited to:
- Construction Ergonomics
- Fall Protection and Prevention Methods
- Knowing your Employee Rights
- Confined Spaces in Residential Construction
- Safety and Health Programs
- Hand and Power Tool Safety
- Health Hazards in Residential Construction
This instructor-led training session with multiple interactive activities creates a learning environment conducive for adult learners. There are kinesthetic activities like properly wearing and using the various fall protection devices. There are also models and displays for students to examine to make a sensory connection to the presented topics. The students will also gain critical thinking skills to effectively mitigate and address safety and health issues on the job.
- This training is also available in a virtual setting. We are utilizing a zoom classroom to facilitate and support the students learning.
- Students will receive a certificate of attendance and all handouts and informational materials used in the class.
- Class is also available in Spanish.