Topic: Reducing Infectious Disease including Covid-19 in the Workplace
Course Time: 2.5 Hours
This course was designed for learners to be introduced to various infectious diseases that may become occupational hazards. In this climate of Covid-19 and the more contagious variant strands, it is essential to receive the latest information and data available to the worker.
Instruction includes but is not limited to:
- OSHA Rights and Whistleblower Laws
- Various classifications of infectious diseases
- The hierarchy of control methods
- How to effectively disinfect surfaces for infectious diseases
- Emergency Temporary Standard – ETS
- The differences between the face mask and N95 respirators
- (SARS Cov-2) COVID–19 CDC Guidelines and Information on the Variant Strands
This instructor-led training session with multiple interactive activities will create a learning environment conducive for adult learners. There will be a kinesthetic activity on cleaning surfaces to give each learner an opportunity to prepare themselves for performing in a real-time work scenario.
We can also conduct training virtually over Zoom.
Students will receive a certificate of attendance and all handouts and informational materials used in the class.
Class is also available in Spanish.
For questions or more information, feel free to email our Safety Trainer Tyrone Goldstein, at email@example.com, or give us a call at (215) 386-7000.
This material was produced under grant number SH-36976-HA1 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names,
commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.